Altars, Shrines and Spirit Vessels in Witchery and Conjure: Where The Spirits Meet
The use of tables, specifically decorated areas, and vessels for celebration, devotion and potent magic have been ping areas, powerful tools for witches and magickal workers for centuries.
They are transformational platforms, working areas, meeting places for human and other beings. They are homes for spirits, and honoring sites for an array of spiritual focus and powers.
Much is written and spoken about when it comes to Altars and Shrines but how and why do you erect them? What are their uses? How do you build their power and potency? How is the container made ready for sacred and magical use?
Join Orion for an engaging and inspiring magickal evening in which he will teach about:
- Calling and building the power of the altar
- Types of altars
- The practicality of Items on the altar
- Facing the altar to different directions
- Centering the altar.
- The use of fire on the altar and practices for extinguishing the altar lights.
- Types of fire: Offertory, Working, Honorific
- Feeding the altar
- Discernment tools for Spirit vessels.
- The difference between and altar and a shrine.
- Making and disposing of offerings
- Welcoming spirits with spirit pots or vessels
- Renewing the Egregor
- Upkeep, cleansing and feeding the altar
- Shutting down and altar or putting it to sleep
Register now and get in on the Early Bird Rate is $40
Regular Rate is $45
*This is an online class. You can choose to attend the live broadcast or to watch the replay/recording at a time that works best for you. You do not need any special equipment to attend the online class, just good wifi and a device such as a tablet, smart phone or computer.
About Orion Foxwood, Author, Teacher, Seer, Witch and Conjure Man
Orion grew up with the second sight in the Shenandoah Valley in Virginia, an area rife with the folk practices of the southern and Appalachian tradition. He is a witch and Elder in Romano Celtic-Traditional Craft, High Priest in Alexandrian Wicca and teacher of the Faery Seership tradition. He is a witch and Elder in Romano Celtic-Traditional Craft, High Priest in Alexandrian Wicca and teacher of the Faery Seership tradition. He is also the founding Elder of Foxwood Temple and a primary founder of the Alliance of the Old Religion, a national network of covens in his line that have united to preserve the ways of his Elders.